[SH 4] - Trigger Maru Overhauled 1.5.2 Supermod

Ballonbeobachterabzeichen in GoldPanzerkampfabzeichen der Lw in BronzeSportabzeichen in Silber
Freizeit- und Technik RibbonHoI 4 Experte BronzeEhrenkreuz für KriegsteilnehmerLogin Stufe 3Login Stufe 2Login Stufe 1Willkommens RibbonDMP Dienstauszeichnung Stufe 4
Mehr
10 Jahre 9 Monate her #748032 von Viper
Trigger Maru ist ein Supermod für Silent Hunter 4 der den Hauptfokus auf den U.S. Submarin Krieg im Pazifik legt.

Der Mod ändert nahezu alles auch nur erdenkbare im Spiel und legt besonders Wert auf den realistischen Aspekt. TMO ist voll kompatibel zu RSRDC (Run Silent Run Deep the Campaign).

Zitat:

Trigger Maru Overhauled is a "supermod" that touches on just about every aspect of the game you can think of, and focuses exclusively on the Pacific Submarine war, and the US Silent Service. It's stated goals are to make the pacific theater immersive and engaging to the player. Historical accuracy and realism (sometimes achieved by abstract means) is adhered to as much as possible, but some elements are taken with creative license in order to achieve its stated goals. Trigger Maru is also targeted for the "seasoned" submarine sim fan, and some elements have been made harder in order to present a higher level of challenge then that provided the stock game, while at the same time, reducing some elements of the game that one may find annoying.

Trigger Maru also recognizes that "harder" is not neccessarily "realistic", and stands in solidarity with the Real Fleet Boat "supermod" in this regard. If your looking for 100% historical accuracy without creative license, the author of Trigger Maru heartily recommends Real Fleet Boat.

Installation order:
Assuming you have no mods installed, you should enable TMO in the following order;

1.) REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_15
2.) Optional mod - RSRD By Lurker_Hib3. ***

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
You can always find the latest version of TMO for SH4 version 1.5 here:
http://hosted.filefront.com/Ducimus554/

(Expanded support for Uboats. Please note that the uboat campaign is not the focus of TMO)
Filefront

If your still using SH4 version 1.4 (IE, you havent bought the Uboat addon),
(notice: The version for sh4 ver1.4 is considered finished, and will no longer be updated)
Also on filefront

Known Issues:
- On rare occasion, aircraft might detect the player regardless of depth. (See FAQ)
- Game crashes while starting a uboat game. (Requires above linked fix)

THE FAQ
That nobody ever fricken reads!

Zitat:

1). How do i remove the nomograph?

In the data/mneu/1024_768.ini file search for [G31 I60], (or just search for the text "nomo").
Which brings you to this block of code:

[G31 I60]
Name=Nomograph
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x3100000f
ParentID=0x31000000
Pos=0,0,200,720
Zone=0 768 200 720 2 1 0x31000000 0.76 -0.02 0x3100000f 0 0 0 0
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/nomograph.tga
MatFlags=0x9
TexFmt=0x0

Place a semicolon before each line to disable, or just remove this block of code entirely if your sure you'll never use it.

2.) What about a metric (insert request here)?

It's in the support directory, along with this FAQ.

3.) How do i get the mechanical clicking noise back when moving the periscope or TDC horizontaly?

If you like the clicking nose, then just delete the following file from the mod:
data/menu/cfg/dials.cfg

4.) How do i get back "tails" and sensor information on the navigation map?

Disable TMO, and delete the following two files:
\Data\Menu\gui\ContLine.dds
\Data\Menu\gui\DashLine.dds

5.) How do i get back the ship sillouttes on the contact map?

Go to the /data/sea directory in TMO. There you will find about 98 subdirectories, one for each ship in the game. Located in each one of these subdirectories is a DDS file. This file will be named whatever the ships name is _shp.dds (*_ship.dds). Delete each of these files from all subdiretories. Warning, not all ships are from the stock game, so deleting these particuar ships means they wont show up on the map at all. I recommend you play with the ship sillouttes as is. The idea is to cut down the amount of unrealistic information the stock Navagation map gives you, and to simulate markings that a tracking party member might have put down with a grease pencil.

6.) Im getting repeat missions! I thought this mod has repeat mission fix?

Should no longer be a problem after patch 1.4, hence the fix is no longer included. However, a version of this has been implemented in the form of "Pacific fleet Div 2" and "Asiatic Fleet Div 2". The purpose of these two flotillas is to offer more mission variety, and at least one spec ops mission every other patrol.

7.) I hate the damn bathtub, i dont care if it's historically accurate, how do i get rid of it?

As of the Overhaul edition, i've conceded that i don't like the early war towers either, so you shouldn't see them anymore.

8.) I like X part of the mod, but i dont like Y part of the mod, can you get rid of the Y?

You're free to reverse engineer, disect, vivisect, and otherwise undo all my work at your own liesure, and do with it what you will.

9.) The AI is too easy!!
If you feel the AI is too easy to evade, go to the file data/cfg/sim.cfg. In the [sonar] section, change
"Enemy surface factor=200" to a value of 150 instead of 200. That should slighly increase difficulty in evading the AI.

10.) The AI is too hard!!!

Go to this file again.

/data/cfg/sim.cfg

and change the Hydrophone Thermal Layer Signal Attenuation from 2 to 3. Then change the sonar Thermal Layer Signal Attenuation from 3 to 5. Easy mode and dumber AI should be yours again.

11.) How do i get the next/ previous camera back?

The easiest way is to open the /data/cfg/commands.cfg in TMO. Search for " [Cmd50] " Your looking for these two blocks:

[Cmd50]
Name=Camera_on_next_unit
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0xBE,,">"
Page=0x34000000,3714

[Cmd51]
Name=Camera_on_prev_unit
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0xBC,,"<"
Page=0x34000000,3714

Simply remove the semicolon placed in front of the key assignment, and you have the next/previous cameras back. Note: this will restore hotkeys. It will not restore the buttons on the ordersbar.

12.) Is TMO compatible with WernerSobe's "realistic sinkings physics" mod?

No.

13.) I just transfered out of Holy Loch submarine flotilla in the UK to pearl harbor, but i still have this atlantic patrol assigment, what gives?

The game assigns your next patrol as you dock to end your current patrol. This is why, if you end patrol, transfer to another place, you'll still have a patrol assigment that your previous flotilla usually assigns. The only way to fix this, is to immedatly dock again so the game assigns a new mission from your new flotillas mission queue.

14.) I got a repeated mission in new construction, why?

I've scripted it as best i can so this doesnt happen, but the game doesnt always cooperate. It randomizes your time in port, as such the dates the game picks your next mission can sometimes overlap in scripting. If i could somehow control time in port from being a low number, i could stop this from happening. As it is, on occasion in new construction, you'll get a repeat.

15.) I didnt get transfered from new construction to Pearl Harbor, or transfer is unavailable, why?

Transfer is not automatic. For various reasons, i ended up being unable to get the transfer to work automatically, so you have to do it yourself by "picking up the phone" and calling ahead. If the option is unavailable then you've completed sea trials before i thought was possible. So you'll have to edit the subs availablity date for the pearl harbor flotilla in the flotilla.upc file.
NOTE: If your next assigment isn't to Honshu, then you have a repeat of the 3rd sea trial. Sad to say, do it again. There is no point in forcing a transfer if your next assigment isn't to japanese waters.

16.) Does the Narwhal have a latewar configuration?

Sorry, no it does not. Due to reports of refits not properly placing the secondary deck gun, and i was unable to figure out why. Since having two deck guns is half the fun of the narwhal, i decided it was best to "Freeze" the narwhal in its midwar configuration.

17.) Can i run this super cool enviormental mod with TMO?

An Enviormental mod is now included in TMO, so you should not have to run anything extra. You may prefer one mod over another, i can only recommend that you try TMO by itself before adding mods of your own. A word of caution here with enviormental mods in general: The authors of these mods are doing fantastic work and have made great strides. Unfortuntely these mods are having adverse effects on AI visual sensors (confirmed), and possibly even AI underwater sensors (unconfirmed). These ill effects will also effect your watch crews ability to spot targets, being unable to see things that you can see clearly. The enviormental mod included in TM has been tweaked so this does not happen. So be advised that by running other mods, you run the risk of upsetting how well the AI can visually detect things.

18.) Can i run RSRD with TMO?

At Lurker_Hib3's say so, and when he says its ok.. Just be careful of installation order (install after TM), and always uninstall RSRD before TMO.

19.) Can I run such and such mod with TMO?

You can, thats your discretion, but i would advise not to unless your sure you know what your doing with the games files. All the files and mods contained within TMO were tuned and tweaked to interact as one cohesive entity. A single adjustment in one file, often enough required a small adjustment in 5 other files. Bottom line is, i absolve myself of ANY problems you may have with TMO if your running any other mod on top of it.

20.) I'm getting entirely too many faulty torpedos!!!

Yes, TMO now includes a modification to increase torpedo malfuctions. The stock torpedos were undeniably too reliable. In increasing torpedo malfunctions, it is the intent to make it more then stock, but less then the "hardcore torpedo mod", something which not everyone can handle. That said, modding torpedo failures for any consistant behavior, is incredibly hard to do. Even with stock, the game can have periods where every torpedo you fire is a dud, followed by a period with no duds at all. Except in stock, the "no duds at all" was 95% of the play. Suffice to say, if you run into a period with excessive duds, its not the mod, its the game behaving in decidedly inconsistant behavior, and the torpedo malfunction rate settings in TMO, do not reflect values used in the hardcore torpedo mod; the values used here, are infact, less.

21.) Planes are detecting me at impossible depths! What gives?!

This mod assigns additional visual sensors to unit types. One of these sensors goes to just aircraft. This visual sensor gives aircraft the ability to detect shallow submerged objects. However, there is a small problem. The radius of visual detection can be adjusted, just not the depth. There is a long drawn out explanation for the way things are set the way they are, but suffice to say, yes occasionaly a plane will make a detection at a seemingly impossible depth. Such occurances are by my experience however, rare. Submerged visual detection by aircraft, isnt a 100% thing. Several factors come into play such as, what angle your sub is to the viewing plane (bows on vs broadside), state of the sea, lightinig level, fog level, etc. Every step has been made to ensure that submerged detection is as realistic as the game engine allows, and fair to the player. Visual detection was even made to be effected by thermal layers. So all that can be done, has been done. You may wonder why this was one at all. Simply because the positive aspects of this particular mod far outweigh the occasional scruple. In the end this is a MODIFCATION, a mod is really nothing more then a hack at a finished product. Its not like i have acces to the source code to effect "real" changes.

As a general FYI, the ordinance that the planes in TM carrry, are designed to detonate at 77 feet (20 meters), and 148 feet (45 meters), as well as when they come in direct contact with the players submarine. Something to keep in mind when patrolling areas with frequent air cover.

22.) What happened to my Gramophone?

The gramophone has been altered to include a speed/range chart. Its a very handy tool for intercepting contacts. Unfortunatly theres some monitor/display aspect ratio that does not like this modfiication (wide screen users i beleive). For this reason, a stock gramophone modlet has been included in the support directory.

23.) What's up with refits and the subs textures?
See this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134913

Refit schedules are as follows:
-NULL, 1942-06-31, EarlyWar
-1942-07-01, 1943-01-31, MedWar
-1943-02-01, 1944-01-31, LateWar
-1944-02-01, NULL, LateWarMS32

24.) SH4 Crash's to the Desktop when i try to run a uboat campaign game or single mission, what gives?

TMO's focus is on the pacific submarine war and the Silent Service. As such some adjustments that were made to enhance the pacific theater, are counterintuitive to the uboat game. To run the uboat game you'll have to d/l and run a mod ontop of TM that overwrites the incompatible files so that the uboat game doesnt crash.
The fix is called "TMO_EnableUboat_ver3", and is downloadable here: http://hosted.filefront.com/Ducimus554/

Credits:
AntEater
- Aces roster mod with pre JANAC tonnage scres.

Anvart
- Submarine propeller fix
- Conning tower periscope fixes
- extendable SD radar antenna

AOTD|MadMax
- Sboat and Narhwal engine sound fix

castorp345
- Torpedo icon textures.

Captain Cox
- Nav tools
- periscope graphics.
- officers cap and crew uniforms
- smaller seabed rocks
- smaller seaplants (medium version)
- pull down speed chart mod

Chomu
- mini chrono

CCIP
- sub battery fix.
- initial commands.cfg development.

cdrake66
- developed new ordersbar icons specifically for TMaru (then FTT)

Developers@ubisoft
- For creating the game ive waited years to play.
- Providing help or insight and gnerally being available to occasionally help modders.

Dgrayson
- fixed the photo missions

Ducimus
- Bungo Pete mod
- German Uboat mod (skin by Fubar)
- Map contacts mod
- watch crew visual adjustments
- AI and depth charge adjustments
- No hydorphone contact on surface
- Misc adjustments to player submarines.
- Repeat patrol fix
- interior gauge fixes
- massive caffine intake
- forum trolling
- crier of split milk
- Partrich in a pear tree
- etc etc etc, blah blah blah.

Foofighters
- Narwhal class skin texture.

fullmetaledges
- medal changes/corrections mod

Günther Hessler
-Sounds borrowed from his "ultimate sound" mod pack

Jace11
- Taihosan Maru Fix
- Enchanced map labels
- Akitsu Rudder fix
- Killer of Jawa's

Jhereg
- High rez gramaphone fix, located in optional mod directory.

jimimadrid
- Compass Lubber line mod

kapitan_zur_see
- historical 4 bladed propeller fix

Kriller
- Enviormental texture upgrades
- No grainy PPF mod. (new version)
- various row (Kriller2?)
Kriller2
- Scene.dat file, and misc ROW files.

Hildofr
- nomograph

kapitan_zur_see
- No grainy PPF mod. (old version)

lethal
- Observation periscope texture

LeoVampire
- camera modfications X 2
- living breathing ocean mod
- Submarine pitch and roll mechanics
- improved smoke and fire effects
- airport/nav map mod.
- cloud fixes
- submarine and tower reflects
- being the textbook definition of "awesome person"
- awesome friend whos sorely missed.

LukeFF
- realistic crew config
- "Hull Classification Symbols and Numbers Mod"
- IJN Type 13 Radar Fix

lurker_hlb3
- P38J Lighting
- hydrophone RPM det level adjustments
-SV radar
- for being supercool guy.

nautilus42
- Orginal AI Jap Submarine
- Orginal AI Germain 9D2 submarine

Nvdrifter
- Depth charge splash warning.
- another supercool guy

NYGM
- Additional AI visual nodes from an earlier version of the NYGM mod for SH3.
- we had our disagreements, but i can't deny they had some awesome ideas, some of which ive used in TM.

Observer
- Conceptualized the new engine room configuration in fleet boats.

OakGroove
- Orders Bar gauges
- Orders bar HUD graphics
- TDC/ Torpedo/ bearing indicator interface graphics
- Submarine Interior graphics
- rec manual

Pacific Aces Team
- misc crew sounds.

ParaB
- Airstrike.cfg AI, skill level modifiers

Payoff
- crash dive sound vocals
- Ahead 2/3rds sound vocals

Probex
- developed 9KM visibility scene.dat

w_clear
- Enviormental mod 4.0 and 4.3

scoochy
- slower smoke effects mod

Seeadler
- improved sky enviormental effects mod
- Enviormental mod version 1.0

SteveTRM
- Interior sound fixes

skwasjer
- For the most outsanding mod development tool to ever grace the subsim forums.

Somnus
- base Atk periscope texture used.

swdw
- Sub diving mechanics based on his orginal work.

Syxx_Killer
- Fixed Oakgrooves TDC panel

Tater
- improved campaign mod.
- Taihosan Maru Fix
- Type13 Radar fix
- DD Yagomo
- Misc ship eqp corrections
- IJN Type 13 radar fix.
- supercool guy
- Guru of all that is IJN. If he says its true, i beleive him.

u56_Dragon
- Fixed intro screen

WernerSobe
- Natural Sinkings Mechanics 3.1

WilhelmTell
- Submarine diesal engine sounds

zAmboni
- Smaller Nav tools

My additional thanks to everyone who provided feedback during the (albiet breif) beta period.
(I'd list names, but im afraid of missing someone and hence offending them)

Permissions:

- Aboslutely nothing found within the Trigger Maru modpack may be used for any commerical product of any size, shape or form.

- For the purposes of creating mods; absolutely no mod, concept, or design found within the Trigger maru Modpack may be used by any modder or group of modders that operates on a proprietary basis (such as GWX) without expressed permission. (Proprietary is being defined as: a party, or proprietor, exercising private ownership, control or use over an item or property, usually to the exclusion of other parties. This also includes development of tools, and technical information that are not being shared with the rest of the modding community due to the excercising of private ownership. )

- Trigger maru is open source freeware, made by the SH4 modding community openly and freely. All permissions of individual mods are subject to their author's permissions.

- You otherwise don't need "permission" for anything. The Trigger Maru mod was compiled for the love of the game, and appreciation for the History behind the game. This mod is presented as a community works, for the bennfit of all. The compling author (Ducimus), takes no credit for any of the specific works cited. Any specfic design or modification by the compiling author, anyone is free to use as they see fit in any modification they desire, so long as it is not used in any commercial product of any size, shape, or form.

"Strategie ist die Wissenschaft des Gebrauchs von Zeit und Raum. " (Generalfeldmarschall Gneisenau)
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: gillebert

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Willkommens Ribbon
  • An der Front bleibt keine Zeit zum Denken
Mehr
7 Jahre 8 Monate her #1311315 von HauptmannVoss
Hab den Post gerade erst entdeckt...klingt echt gut, werd mir die Mod mal anschauen...

Panzerkampfabzeichen Bronze
Ehrenkreuz der HinterbliebenenLogin Stufe 1Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
7 Jahre 7 Monate her #1322656 von kabjo
Der Link geht nicht!

Kleinkampfmittelabzeichen Stufe 3Flottenkriegsabzeichen in BronzeReiterabzeichen in Gold
Login Stufe 2Ehrenkreuz der HinterbliebenenLogin Stufe 1MarineSims Gedenk RibbonWillkommens RibbonDMP Dienstauszeichnung Stufe 1
Mehr
4 Jahre 4 Tage her #1372461 von Markus1987
Ist alles bei Subsim, bin grad auf dem Weg zur Arbeit. Ich schau, dass ich heute Abend verlinken kann.

Der Mod auf den ich gespannt bin von der ganzen SH3&4 Community ist Wolves of the Kaiser. Der sieht mittlerweile sehr gut aus !
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Magic1111, UhUdieEule, gillebert

• Magic1111
  • Magic1111s Avatar
  • Generaladmiral i.R.e. GA
  • Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes ,Eichl , Schwert
  • Magic1111
Kleinkampfmittelabzeichen Stufe 6Flottenkriegsabzeichen in Gold mit BrillantenSportabzeichen in Gold
Silent Hunter Experte GoldWetterbeobachterZeitungs RibbonHoI 4 Experte BronzeFreizeit- und Technik RibbonMultiplayer RibbonMarineSims Gedenk RibbonEhrenkreuz für KriegsteilnehmerModding Bastelecken RibbonLogin Stufe 3Panzer Corps Experten RibbonLogin Stufe 2Login Stufe 1Modding Team RibbonWillkommens RibbonDMP Dienstauszeichnung Stufe 4
Mehr
4 Jahre 4 Tage her #1372477 von Magic1111

Markus1987 schrieb: Ich schau, dass ich heute Abend verlinken kann.

Ja, danke im voraus!
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: UhUdieEule, gillebert

Kleinkampfmittelabzeichen Stufe 3Flottenkriegsabzeichen in BronzeReiterabzeichen in Gold
Login Stufe 2Ehrenkreuz der HinterbliebenenLogin Stufe 1MarineSims Gedenk RibbonWillkommens RibbonDMP Dienstauszeichnung Stufe 1
Mehr
3 Jahre 8 Monate her #1383425 von Markus1987
Oh, hier fehlen ja noch die Links. Leider kann man nichtmehr auf das alte Marinesims Forum zugreifen. Einer der Deutschen Member hat eine Super Modkombination für SH 4 erstellt die auch flüssig lief und die kampagne Verschönerte und erschwerte.
Hat da jemand noch infos dazu?
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Magic1111, gillebert

Mehr
3 Jahre 8 Monate her #1383426 von Markus1987
Hier die Links zur meiner meinung nach Besten Modkombination:

www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=225443
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: biinng, Magic1111, UhUdieEule, gillebert

• Magic1111
  • Magic1111s Avatar
  • Magic1111
Kleinkampfmittelabzeichen Stufe 6Flottenkriegsabzeichen in Gold mit BrillantenSportabzeichen in Gold
Silent Hunter Experte GoldWetterbeobachterZeitungs RibbonHoI 4 Experte BronzeFreizeit- und Technik RibbonMultiplayer RibbonMarineSims Gedenk RibbonEhrenkreuz für KriegsteilnehmerModding Bastelecken RibbonLogin Stufe 3Panzer Corps Experten RibbonLogin Stufe 2Login Stufe 1Modding Team RibbonWillkommens RibbonDMP Dienstauszeichnung Stufe 4
Mehr
3 Jahre 8 Monate her #1383434 von Magic1111

Markus1987 schrieb: Einer der Deutschen Member hat eine Super Modkombination für SH 4 erstellt die auch flüssig lief und die kampagne Verschönerte und erschwerte.
Hat da jemand noch infos dazu?

Das war m.W.n. derjenige, auf den Du vorhin in Deinem zweite Post auf Subsim verlinkt hattest.

Er war damals als "der_Ralf" oder so ähnlich im MS-Forum aktiv, hier aber nicht!

Mehr
3 Jahre 6 Tage her #1412755 von anonym
Moin Kameraden
Es ist leider schade,daß alles in englisch ist.Wer der Sprache
oder der Schrift nicht mächtig ist,steht leider auf dem Schlauch
anonym

Dieses Profil beinhaltet Beiträge von nicht mehr vorhandenen Usern, bei Problem wenden dich bitte an den Betreiber der Seite.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Magic1111

Kleinkampfmittelabzeichen Stufe 6Flottenkriegsabzeichen in BronzeSportabzeichen in Gold
Login Stufe 3Zeitungs RibbonEhrenkreuz für KriegsteilnehmerLogin Stufe 2WetterbeobachterLogin Stufe 1Freizeit- und Technik RibbonWillkommens RibbonDMP Dienstauszeichnung Stufe 3
  • Sic parvis magna - vom Kleinen zum Großen (Wappenmotto von Drake)
Mehr
2 Jahre 7 Monate her #1426818 von Coen58
Ich habe das Problem mit einem Übersetzer gelöst, so kann ich wenigstens die Texte verstehen. Im Netz gibt es einige gute Übersetzungsprogramme.

• Magic1111
  • Magic1111s Avatar
  • Magic1111
Mehr
2 Jahre 7 Monate her #1426935 von Magic1111

Coen58 schrieb: Ich habe das Problem mit einem Übersetzer gelöst, so kann ich wenigstens die Texte verstehen. Im Netz gibt es einige gute Übersetzungsprogramme.

Aber wie machst Du das konkret? Ich meine, tippst Du alle Ingame Nachrichten in eine Übersetzungsapp? Denn im laufenden Spiel per copy & paste Arbeiten geht ja nicht....^^

Kleinkampfmittelabzeichen Stufe 6Flottenkriegsabzeichen in BronzeSportabzeichen in Gold
Login Stufe 3Zeitungs RibbonEhrenkreuz für KriegsteilnehmerLogin Stufe 2WetterbeobachterLogin Stufe 1Freizeit- und Technik RibbonWillkommens RibbonDMP Dienstauszeichnung Stufe 3
  • Sic parvis magna - vom Kleinen zum Großen (Wappenmotto von Drake)
Mehr
2 Jahre 6 Monate her #1430305 von Coen58
Ein bischen Englisch kann ich ja, so daß ich wenigstens den Sinn des Textes erfassen kann. Wenn ich nicht spiele, aber einen englischen Text habe, dann kopiere ich ihn in den Übersetzer. Im Spiel geht das natürlich nicht, da hast du vollkommen recht.

Werbung

Moderatoren: AndurilMagic1111