[Panzercorps] Warhammer fantasy battles on PC platform

Mehr
6 Jahre 10 Monate her #1 von Sidgrunt
Hi all.. :dmp_1:

Your site has two wonderful DMP add-ons (mods) to PanzerCorps..

These add-ons (mods) really very nice and made on clever level.. with good graphic..

Question to guys who made DMP add-ons:
What you think about creating add-on in medieval times? Maybe with some fantasy elements - like Warhammer FB.. this add-on will be the only mod in this area since Fantasy General..

It is very interesting age (Late Medieval), WarHammer - good and well known world.. and rules for WW2 in PanzerCorps cud be easy adapted for medieval time..

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
6 Jahre 10 Monate her #2 von Croaker
Hmmm, no offense, but Warhammer Fantasy is lame in comparison with WH40k, which would fit quite good into ruleset (with land, sea and air units for example)
The biggest problem with warhammer (fantasy or not) is the licence. It's almost impossible to get it and I suspect that EA (which is, if I remember right, the company holding the warhammer fantasy licence) would be all too pleased to have any game with their licence as a third party mod for a game of an independent game studio.

Mehr
6 Jahre 10 Monate her #3 von Sidgrunt
If you like medieval - it cannot be lame.. Italian wars, landsknechts, swiss reislaufers and so on.. also, all these very close to history of the Germans and HRE.. at last, this age has its own beuty..

Returning to WH - why u should get license if u are not going to sell this add-on (mod) and receive illegal profit and/or exploit in any way the world of WH?!
It would be some kind of advertising of WH, but without salary for you.. in any case, it cud be done in abstract world like Fantasy General (for instance, similar to WH, but not exact) or as historical mod.. just imagine, small mercenary army with regimets that cud be hired only once.. each regiments has its own name, flag and other atributes..

Otherwise, it cud be done similar to 40K.. for instance, worlds: Emperor of Fading Suns, Dune..

Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
6 Jahre 10 Monate her #4 von Croaker
yeah, you're usually right about the whole licencing thing, but some publishers (or other holders of licence) have strict policies, even if you do a non-commercial project.
Microsoft did this with some fan-projects based on the shadowrun brand, EA did this too. Of cause all the film studios do it, because they don't know how computer games work.
So maybe you could give it a try with the wh40k mod.

Fading Suns and Dune are both great settings. And Emperor of Fadings Suns was already a great game with quite similar gameplay to panzer corps. That's why I would let Fading Suns be.
And Dune of cause had this grandfather of all current realtime strategy games, which was also fantastic. Could be nice to have a turn based version of Dune. But it would lack the whole build up part, which would be a pitty.

In regard of your remarks about medieval setting. I don't think medieval settings are lame alltogether, I like them. But they would only use the land and sea level of the game, which would be a pitty. (except you add dragons or other flying units, which would be lame in my opinion)

Mehr
6 Jahre 10 Monate her #5 von Sidgrunt

Croaker schrieb: yeah, you're usually right about the whole licencing thing, but some publishers (or other holders of licence) have strict policies, even if you do a non-commercial project.
Microsoft did this with some fan-projects based on the shadowrun brand, EA did this too. Of cause all the film studios do it, because they don't know how computer games work.

Clear..

So maybe you could give it a try with the wh40k mod.

Now I am trying to make WH FB (or let us say - similar to WH FB).. I am creating unit graphic - it takes huge time and I am not pleased.. time to time have to remake them.. WH40k - i do not like as WH FB.. there was hope that team of creators nice DMP add-ons would like the idea, but it seems that I am the last fan of Fantasy General.. :dmp_70:

Fading Suns and Dune are both great settings. And Emperor of Fadings Suns was already a great game with quite similar gameplay to panzer corps. That's why I would let Fading Suns be.

So it means that u cud make in nearest future some add-ons in this set?! It will be very good and interesting.. I also like EoFS game and set.. and it seems that it cud be interesting many gamers..

And Dune of cause had this grandfather of all current realtime strategy games, which was also fantastic. Could be nice to have a turn based version of Dune. But it would lack the whole build up part, which would be a pitty.

Yep..

In regard of your remarks about medieval setting. I don't think medieval settings are lame alltogether, I like them. But they would only use the land and sea level of the game, which would be a pitty. (except you add dragons or other flying units, which would be lame in my opinion)

I see..

Werbung

Moderatoren: AndurilMagic1111