[OB] Tutorial to edit a campaign file

Mehr
9 Jahre 3 Wochen her #1 von Design Mod Project

Hello,

in this tutorial i will explain how to edit a .cmp file and tell you what is what. For that we have a look at the campaign file of the German Operation Barbarossa.

You need a text editor like the Windows notepad for this.

1. This is the header of the campaign file:

[general]
name=2 - Operation Barbarossa - Germany
nation=Germany
number=9
start=1

Fine, but what does it mean ?

[general]

->tells the game which kind of information follows, here the general info about the campaign.

name=2 - Operation Barbarossa - Germany

->name of the campaign.

nation=Germany

-> which side, it tells the game which side your core units are on. It may contain any of the included nations:

Germany
Russia
Romania
Yugolsavia
Benelux (Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg)
Czechoslovakia

At this point i recommend using Germany and Russia only, as the other nations simply lack the needed material so far.

number=9

Number of scenarios in the campaign, can be 100, too

start=1

The first scneario to be loaded, in this case number 1, but you could start anywhere (though this makes little sense as long as things are linear).

2. Now we have a look at the scenario information:

[scenario]
filename=Bialystok
number=1
next=2

And this is what it means:

[scenario]

The game is informed that scenario infos follow

filename=Bialystok

The exact filename of the map that is used to load it. Keep in mind the game adds .scn itself. Wrong filenames will of course lead to errors so have an eye on those.

number=1

Tells the game which number this scenario is. Important when its addressed to follow up another one or start the campaign.

next=2

The scenaro with number=2 will follow after this map was won by the player.

If the last number in the campaign is reached, the game will return to the main menu.

I hope this helps you to do your own campaigns. You can start with rearranging the deliverd campaigns to get into this (e.g. make it shorter or add a map after Moscow).

Have fun !

Ronald Wendt, Graphics and Game design, Binary Evolution Studios

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Werbung

Moderatoren: AndurilIronCrossMagic1111