Amulet Mod English Section

Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
5 Jahre 7 Monate her #1 von OpsK Koevoet
I installed the Amulet Mod and I like it. It gives the game a different feel. Plus it reflects a lot of historically accurate equipment applications (multi-functional use).
However, I realise that the Waffen SS units have disappeared (I played with the Elite Ubits 1.21 mod before). I was in the middle of the Western Campaign where SS troops played a major role in defending Germany and for the Battle of the Bulge.
When I openend the new campaign all my SS troops were gone and I can only purchase regular or elite units.
This is historically incorrect and the positive changes of the Amulet mod are unfortunately set back by this.
Is there any idea if the SS units will be incorporated later into Amulet? Or would that be politically incorrect in Germany? To play with SS units?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• Messmann
  • Messmanns Avatar
  • Besucher
5 Jahre 7 Monate her #2 von Messmann

OpsK Koevoet schrieb: However, I realise that the Waffen SS units have disappeared (I played with the Elite Ubits 1.21 mod before). I was in the middle of the Western Campaign where SS troops played a major role in defending Germany and for the Battle of the Bulge.
When I openend the new campaign all my SS troops were gone and I can only purchase regular or elite units.
This is historically incorrect and the positive changes of the Amulet mod are unfortunately set back by this.
Is there any idea if the SS units will be incorporated later into Amulet? Or would that be politically incorrect in Germany? To play with SS units?

At first, many thanks for your positive feedback and welcome to this forum. :dmp_116:

Now to your questions.

Unfortunately, there will definetely not be some kind change that will allow you to buy SE units in the same way as it is possible with the elite units mod 1.21. :dmp_40: This is for reasons of historicity and gameplay. Let me explain this.

I played the Elite units mod a while ago as well. The Elite Mod allows you to buy SE units "en masse" early on, quite chaeply and undifferantiately so. This has led to a situation where I conquered Moscow with a SE army only. At this stage I began to wonder what was so special about SE units that I would have to care about. :dmp_73: And at Stalingrad I stopped the gema altogether, with SE troops only and 25.000 prestige points in my pocket. At difficulty level field marshall. :helmi_81a:

Gameplaywise this means that a player doesn't have to care about stuff. He can just buy it, and it is all SE. Even in 1939. If that happens, the special nature of SE units is lost. SE units are meaningless.

An alternative design is offered in the DMP Mod Ostfront. There you can get SE units, but only as auxilary troops and to a limited degree as particularly strong bonus units as well. This appears much more plausible to me, and it gave me the impression that these units had a meaning and I would have to take care about them.

This is the main reason for my decision. SE units have to be given as special bonus units only, and they have to be stronger than normal units, and they have to remain special. And - and please consider this as well - you cannot just offer those "enhanced" SE units for purchase.

Since if you offered these enhanced SE units at the same cheap price as in the elite mod, you would discourage people from thinking about their choices and strategies, and flatten the game. :dmp_239: And if you raised not only values but also costs appropriately, which - with stronger values - would amount to an average cost of at least twice as much, you would render SE units unplayable, most certainly on higher difficulty levels.

Thus I set forth to create stronger SE units, but only as bonus units; and they are still relatively cheap, but only cheap to replace; and certainly not available as an upgrade of and for normal units :dmp_112: . And most certainly not to buy at will.

And what about history? Well, if you think that an SS army was instrumental in the battle of the bulge, you are certainly right. But the operational quality of these units was a mere shadow of what was common in the years before. At this stage, a panzer regiment was comprised of two battalions only. :dmp_44:

Historically speaking, you would have to take away fuel from most of them, since they hadn't even have that.

I could even go further and ask: What is actually represented by an unit icon? Where are the values of this icon are derived from? Is it a battalion, is it a regiment? And does it mean that a unit is only comprised of one type of equipment? And where are the values taken from? And is it really historical to buy a Tiger II not only once or twice, but six or seven, or even ten times? :dmp_112:

Truth be told, Panzer Corps uses history, but it is not historical. At the end of the day, it is a fantasy game. And yes, there is something like political correctness, although not in a way that I would allow it to interfere with this mod ;)

PS: ZZ units are called SE units for legal reasons. :dmp_94:

Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
5 Jahre 7 Monate her #3 von OpsK Koevoet
Hi Messmann, thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.
I share your concern about buying SE/SS units cheaply and messing up the scenario and/or campaign design.
It would certainly destroy or minimise my fun of the game - I also enjoy a hard fought scenario more than a walk in the park.
However, I would argue that this should be ultimately the player's choice.
By limiting or eliminating the availability of certain units you also deprive the players who make sensible choices that opportunity.
Anyway, I hear what you say and albeit my regret of certain restrictions I still enjoy the mod. Good job!!
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Freiherr von Woye, MichaJavelin

• Messmann
  • Messmanns Avatar
  • Besucher
5 Jahre 7 Monate her #4 von Messmann
As a final note, let me outline how I think I could change this then. :dmp_80:

If you put Elite Units in the bonus area and changed the SE units to be purchasable, you would create a new Elite mod, with purchasable SE units en masse and lost significance of Heer Elite units.

In this case, you would urge players to buy SE units early on, because there is no different option to increase the quality of the core. As I have already said, players would run into a situation where they would conquer everything with SE units only, and the SE units would lose their special nature.

The alternative would be to increase the costs of the now purchasable SE units drastically, but in this case, SE units tend to be unplayable, which is also not what the best option would be considered to be.

The only possiblity I see is creating two different types of SE units. In this case, you would have "Bonus SE" and "Purchasable SE" units.

The latter would be available at a significant higher cost than normal Elite units. Although this is certainly possible to arrange, I am still reluctant about that, because it would cram up the purchase screen.

Furthermore, you would have to have a different camo scheme for the Bonus SE units, since there is a significant difference of importance between the two: One is a "cheap" bonus unit, the other one is not.

So it would amount to introducing a whole set of new units with a color scheme which is discernible from all Wehrmacht, Elite and Bonus SE units.

At this moment, a change like that is improbable. There are still graphical improvisations in the mod which I think need to be removed first. Afterwards, and if the masks of the base icons are all available, there would be an option to do that.

Simply because desert units are heavily improvised right now, and if you have the base icons and masks you need to create those desert units, you can also create a different set of SE units. As a matter of fact, you could do that right away.

The biggest problem, however, is the current lack of unit masks. This is something which cannot be done away with within the next weeks or even months. :dmp_89

As you can see, there are also practical hindrances which make such a change improbable in the near future. But you can change the equipment file accordingly, if you want.
:dmp_7:

Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
5 Jahre 7 Monate her #5 von OpsK Koevoet
Hey Messmann, I do now understand how complex this whole thing is. Thx for explaining.
As mentioned earlier I do enjoy the mod also the way it is.
Thanks again for the great play feel Amulet is providing.
Cheers!
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: MichaJavelin, Anduril

Werbung

Moderatoren: AndurilMagic1111Messmann