harbour icons

Mehr
11 Jahre 11 Monate her #488957 von kriegkopf
I was hoping to get some feedback on these icons before i proceed any further? Would anyone use them? And, would anyone volunteer to build the ship for test number 4?

'Start everyday with a smile, and get it over with.'

Experienced pilots never use tracer rounds in combat.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
11 Jahre 11 Monate her #489097 von bubi
how do i build a ship? do i take an actual foto of a ship and then scale it down into .bmp format?

harbor number 4 is pretty cool. i really like that 3d look.

cheers helmi_bier

[center:9xamamr8]THE NORTH REMEBERS. [/center:9xamamr8]

• User 106
  • User 106s Avatar
  • Besucher
11 Jahre 11 Monate her #489141 von User 106
Looks great, kriegkopf.

Welcome back!

Mehr
11 Jahre 11 Monate her #489633 von kriegkopf
well, bubi, usually what i do, is as you suggest, but the problem with that way is you will cut out some of the docks/cranes as you inlay, and then youll have to touch it up-which is a hassle, and thus im hesitant to do it. plus theres the issue of getting a pic of a ship with just the right angle, which aint so easy to do.

the way riko builds his icons is from scratch, (or he just borrows from civ3)thats why his icons have the look they have. this way is also a painstaking endeavor, and you need quite alot of practice, i suppose, with color and with depth- also why im hesitant to do it.

someday ill be bored enough to work it out, cause, as you say, number four is really awesome. then, for the smaller port(left-most), i would just edit out one of the cranes, and there ya go.

at present im very busy with working on getting our new shop open, ive had to restore all the plaster work on ceilings and walls, plus the building of various things and the lighting. so after all this is done, i guess ill tackle these harbour icons.

if youd like to try it, ill have to post a zip-file with bmps, cause if you start with these jpegs, for some unknown reason, the icon wont work in the game, itll come out as a box with an X in it, or youll get lots of individual squares with some amount of color (not total color)which will all have to be touched up.

anyway, if you want to try, let me know. helmi_salut

Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
11 Jahre 11 Monate her #490650 von bubi
yeah, i'll just use my one of my old sprites, copy-and-paste approach. helmi_mgrin2:

cheers helmi_bier

Mehr
11 Jahre 11 Monate her #490721 von kriegkopf
ok, bubi, heres a bmp-file for test4, and good luck. If you want to do the smaller harbour part also, feel free, or i can do it when youve finished with the ship. And thanks alot for the help. helmi_salut helmi_super

Anhang:

Mehr
11 Jahre 11 Monate her #490735 von kriegkopf
ive also got this one, which you may like as well? maybe its too big to satisfy a large amount of people? but lets start with number 4.

Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
11 Jahre 11 Monate her #491374 von bubi
with prinz eugen:

https://www.designmodproject.de/forum/gallery/image.php?album_id=37&image_id=8088

cheers helmi_bier

Anhang:

Werbung

Moderatoren: AndurilMagic1111