kriegkopf's Icons/Interface Wish List and Comments.

Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
10 Jahre 8 Monate her #1 von bubi
Hello everyone:

First of all I would like to thank kriegkopf for letting me have this honor to open up this thread. helmi_salut

This thread is for all HOI gamers to make special request(s) on customized in-game icons and interface.

For icons, please provide a photo prior to your request. It will speed up the process by giving kriegkopf a better idea how to approach it.

For comments on kriegkopf's work, please post them here so he can make it a better HOI gaming experience for all you HOI die-hard.

Also note: kriegkopf is doing it as a favor for all of us, so please try not to abuse this privilage (by submitting too many reqeusts). Not that you would, it's just a friendly reminder.

[center:9xamamr8]THE NORTH REMEBERS. [/center:9xamamr8]

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
10 Jahre 8 Monate her #2 von kriegkopf
i agree. it would be very cool to have specific icons for each city, anyway...

'Start everyday with a smile, and get it over with.'

Experienced pilots never use tracer rounds in combat.

Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
10 Jahre 7 Monate her #3 von Hart

bubi schrieb: but can we do that in the game, yet?

cheers helmi_bier

Simple answer is no. I don't know if there is anyway around this.

Mehr
10 Jahre 7 Monate her #4 von kriegkopf
the game-engine cant handle it---think about how long loading times are when you\ve got sprites fully modded, plus AI mods, and whathaveyou---singular city icons will just make the load longer. So Ill make a bunch of them, if you play spanish civ war, therell be a spanish city icon, ottoman, chinese, and so on...

I had two pretty good ideas a while back, mine-sweeper tech+naval unit, and sprites that actually bled when losing a battle. The game engine can\t handle either of these mods, i believe. although, puma could probably do the blood-thing somehow. Do we need it? I dont think so.

Im unclear as to what you project36 boys are up to, i know its big, i know it will be well-done, i know a project like that never ends, so maybe you\ve thought out some things that i haven\t considered. I suppose once someone has the GAME-Code from paradox, alot more will be possible, and heman is on a crusade w that one, isnt he.

• User 106
  • User 106s Avatar
  • Besucher
10 Jahre 7 Monate her #5 von User 106

He-Man schrieb:

kriegkopf schrieb: okay, he-man, is this a bit better? I managed to shrink your atlantic wall and save all the details too.

Fantastic. I like all of your work. It is a great pitty that we do not have country specific map icons in hoi....

For now.......................

Think that will be another point on the to do list.

Pretty good work, kriegkopf.

A new PC should have no problem with lot of new sprites. I've dozends installed and there is now slow down. Only the start of an game has slowed down to 2 Minutes. Gepard says that on his machine ( brand new DualCore) the loading time ist under 30 seconds.

Beta 1 of projekt36 will start in the middle of July. I need english speaking testers as soon as SanMarco_Marine has done the translation work.
Are you interessted?

Mehr
10 Jahre 7 Monate her #6 von kriegkopf
my computer is 1yr old, dual core blah blah. I just had my computer wiped clean---so its real fast now. when running the game, i have no slow down at all. i have just about all of pumas sprites installed, plus a couple from here and there, bebro f.ex. Im also running the compendium mod, with most afd\s urban provs---anyway, my load time now is about three or four minutes, whereas before the wipeout, it was like ten minutes, perhaps this was due to all the messing ive done to the old game, ya?

however, i\ve read of many complaints about long loadtime on the various hoi sites, and when you know little about computers, bink versus vista probs, or super drivers f.ex., then what can you do but suffer and wait. And i suppose we\ll all have to get a ZUPER computer like gepards sooner or later.

Jaegerfeld, I\d be honoured to assist in any way on project36, and ive got enough experience with the game to be helpful.

• Great Danes
  • Great Daness Avatar
  • Besucher
10 Jahre 7 Monate her #7 von Great Danes

He-Man schrieb: https://www.designmodproject.de/forum/download/file.php?id=7651

thats my current favroite! helmi_super helmi_super helmi_bier

nice harbor!! port helmi_hehehaha

can some tell me where i can download this? helmi_salut

thanks

Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
10 Jahre 7 Monate her #8 von bubi
hi Great Dane and welcome to the DMP. :welcome: greetings from DMP luftwaffe

now, regarding to your question. look here:

cities, nukes, airfields, harbours

just ask and you shall receive. helmi_zwinker helmi_salut

cheers helmi_bier

Mehr
10 Jahre 7 Monate her #9 von kriegkopf
for great dane, the harbour-port icon isn\t my work, so i don\t feel right uploading it here.

its either pumas or gepards work. you can find it here at dmp, look for threads concerning map icons, i think in german section. there are at least four different versions in that style, all good, all in one rar. file. in same thread there are about twenty versions of airfield icon. good hunting. helmi_salut

i will get to my own versions of the harbor icon in good time. Same with airfields. Several Nuke icons are done, but i have no save/game to test them yet.

Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
10 Jahre 7 Monate her #10 von bubi
sorry for the mixed up. apparently i mistaken one of the pictures with harbors in it. helmi_baeh

cheers helmi_bier

• Great Danes
  • Great Daness Avatar
  • Besucher
10 Jahre 7 Monate her #11 von Great Danes
thanks Bubi helmi_salut ..ok'dokey Kriegkopf about harbour.also nice job other helmi_salut

can this make to only one city and not other city??
think just nice if all city had "wonder"..but this need just edit text with only one to one city.
maybe with Tour Eiffel,The London Tower Bridge etc helmi_joint

to kriegkopf.. :foto: ......this WWII history..

French Maginot Line(longest fort in europa)
Belgium Fort Eben(europa strong fort)
Singapore Fort(giant canons)

Mehr
10 Jahre 7 Monate her #12 von kriegkopf
great danes, im not sure i understand your question totally. If you are asking if its possible to have a different city icon for every kapitol city in the game---then, no, it isn/t possible. It may be possible in the future, i dont know for sure.;

if you are asking me whether i will make icons for most of the major cities in the game---well, who knows?

you can write to me in dansk, if you like.

• Great Danes
  • Great Daness Avatar
  • Besucher
10 Jahre 7 Monate her #13 von Great Danes
yes.i mean with all wonder on every capitol.

ok,du er dansker!,lol..cherriooo helmi_bier

saw not you are danish..hehe

tjek dette..måske skulle du også hente din nice ((Kriegkopf Modding)) fra her til dette link
der er nordisk forum og masser engelsk end her,kun tysker helmi_ichsagnix
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/for ... .php?f=302

lykke til med mere leonardo di vinci kunst helmi_super

Mehr
10 Jahre 7 Monate her #14 von He-Man

bubi schrieb: your work are pretty amazing... just that can't use them (capitals) all in the game. helmi_grimmig

it would be funny to see washington d.c.'s momument elsewhere i supposed.... helmi_hihi

cheers helmi_bier

yes, thats the same problem as with the fortifications. We need nation specific capitla symbols! helmi_bier

Mitglied Nr. 65

Mehr
10 Jahre 7 Monate her #15 von kriegkopf
you could use the brandenburg gate, for instance, if you are playing germany, have conquered the whole world, and therefore have built a similar gate in every city. Extend that idea to any scenario. Begin your game with a non-specific city icon, change it in gfx folder as your army progresses across the globe

in the coldwar mod, for instance, there are really only two versions of icons needed, soviet, us. the mod dealing with spanish civil war, only one version of icons is needed, ottoman mod is the same, one version will do
this is my intended audience.

really, i just do this for fun, it doesnt matter to me if anyone actually uses the stuff i do----the most rewarding thing for me is seeing, on the map, the fine details i can manage to capture in such a limited space.

also, i like to push the limits, which im trying to do with the airfield icon at present.

Moderatoren: AndurilMagic1111