A small contribution

Mehr
10 Jahre 11 Monate her #1 von kriegkopf
I've stepped all over other people's work so that I could play Arma/Compendium 1.0 combined with the new cities/urban areas provided for us in the AFD-mod. I've done nothing more than copying/pasting, and give full credit where it is due-primarily to Luxor, Puma, Gepard, DMPteam. I was aiming to improve overall graphics to please my eye, then, suddenly realised that my war-stratedgy must change too-I think taking France might be a real challenge with all the new urban areas, and Luxor's looonnnggg battles? Haven't ran a game yet, but everything is working fine, however it doens't work with save games. If anyone is interested in checking this out and not doing all the laborious pasting,etc.---i'll attach the necessary files to a post(if I can figure out how to).
Hope I haven't offended anyone by doing this? I'm a virgin round these parts, haven't found a solid footing yet.

Over and Out

'Start everyday with a smile, and get it over with.'

Experienced pilots never use tracer rounds in combat.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Bewaehrungsabzeichen in Bronze LuftReiterabzeichen in Silber
Ehrenkreuz für KriegsteilnehmerLogin Stufe 1Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
10 Jahre 11 Monate her #2 von Thork
I'd be very happy to try your files.
I'm planing on playing the compendium anyways helmi_salut

Maybe Puma will even post it in his subforum or in the download section :guck:

Ich hätte nicht übel Lust in ein kleines, wehrloses Land einzumarschieren und dort eine Terror-Herrschaft zu errichten... aber sowas tut man ja nicht...
I wouldn't mind invading a small, defenseless country, installing a terror-regime... but you shouldn't...
Walter Moers: Kleines Arschloch

Mehr
10 Jahre 11 Monate her #3 von kriegkopf
Should I put these files into zip-format, or a rar. format? The provinces csv. isn't a prob, but the Interface file is big, eventhough I've deleted the files, crb, eyr, frontend, menu, pics, models, settings, and tech to make it a small as possible.

Mehr
10 Jahre 11 Monate her #4 von Thork
Zip or rar doesn't make much difference in size (most of the time)... Just try and see which one is smaller.
If it's still to big to upload it here just send me a PM and I'll give you FTP access!
You could also upload it somewhere else like f.ex. Rapidshare and provide the link :guck:

Thanx for your efforts! helmi_salut

Ich hätte nicht übel Lust in ein kleines, wehrloses Land einzumarschieren und dort eine Terror-Herrschaft zu errichten... aber sowas tut man ja nicht...
I wouldn't mind invading a small, defenseless country, installing a terror-regime... but you shouldn't...

Mehr
10 Jahre 11 Monate her #5 von kriegkopf
I think I got this right? This attachment is the province-csv. No trouble with uploading. The Interface file attempt didn't work, too big. I'm somewhat daunted by the idea of learning 'how to'--- with this rapidshare business. Is it reeeeaallly easy, or not?

btw, I've altered the AFD-file somewhat, left out some dozen or so cities, mostly in Africa. I imagine 'urban' battles to be not just concentrated on the city-proper itself, but also a series of fights through the suburbs leading to the city itself. I just don't see this happening in some 1930's African 'settlements.' Alexandria, Cairo, Port Said,sure... Taking the Kapitol of Liberia(whatever it is called) is really just a matter of setting up some artilery on the heights and bombing the town to pieces for a few days=Kapitulation. So it plays in my mind.

Puma(i believe it was) has changed infra. considerably in AFD, and I've followed his guide, though not always exactly.

Anhang:

Mehr
10 Jahre 10 Monate her #6 von Thork

kriegkopf schrieb: btw, I've altered the AFD-file somewhat, left out some dozen or so cities, mostly in Africa.

I got the same opinion. Urban provinces should be big citys where street fights may take a lot of time.
Anyway, the province patch was mostly done because of the graphics and it's meant to be edited as you see fit. :guck:

kriegkopf schrieb: tried pm'ing you Thork concerning interface file, but commands are in deutsch, don't get it?

Which commands? You mean the user interface of this forum?
Just change your language setting in your profile or use the top-right flag to change it once.
[attachment=0:1xn2x3ju]<!-- ia0 -->change_language.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1xn2x3ju]
I'll explain you how to upload to rapidshare if needed but will do so in a tutorial so all may see it. :guck:
Are you expirienced with FTP transfer?

Mehr
10 Jahre 10 Monate her #7 von Thork

kriegkopf schrieb: Hello again Thork. I've uploaded my Interface file @ rapidshare but am uncetain as to how I provide the link here? the file there is: http://rapidshare.com/files/116199028/i ... um-DMPteam modification.zip.html

kriegkopf schrieb: btw, rapidshare is very easy to use-except for the linking part?

You should get instructions at Rapidshare about how to insert your link. I'll give you more detailed instructions if needed!

kriegkopf schrieb: Nevermind about the 'linking' part-seems to have been activated by some sort of ghost in the machine...

URLs beginning with http:// are automatically transformed to clickable links by the forum... Anyway, this doesn't work for URLs containing spaces like yours, they get cut of at the first space!
plz use:
[url]http://heartsofiron.eu[/url]
to display the link as is. This will show up as: http://heartsofiron.eu
or use:
[url=http://heartsofiron.eu]description or  :guck:[/url]
to display a description or image as link to the url. This will show up as: [url=http://heartsofiron.eu:29vqw440]description or :guck: [/url]

Anyway, your link doesn't work for me even if I include the space:
http://rapidshare.com/files/116199028/interface-Compendium-DMPteam%20modification.zip.html
Plz double check if it's correct!

kriegkopf schrieb: Aside from the new city pics, my Interface file is a combination of Compendium graphics and DMPteam graphics, and some of my reworkings of icons and such. Enjoy... helmi_bier

I'd still very much like to get your work. Plz contact me via PM if you need further help helmi_salut

Mehr
10 Jahre 10 Monate her #8 von Thork
We discussed this by PM and kriegkopf only forgot to put a "_" instead of a " "...
this is the correct link!
http://rapidshare.com/files/116199028/interface-Compendium-DMPteam_modification.zip

I'll check this and let puma know and then may upload this into the download-area :guck:

edit:
You may want to include this link in your first post helmi_salut

Mehr
10 Jahre 10 Monate her #9 von Thork
Just copy and paste all that's written in this code-box:
[url=http://rapidshare.com/files/116199028/interface-Compendium-DMPteam_modification.zip]Download at Rapidshare[/url]
Which will provide you with:
Download at Rapidshare

Werbung

Moderatoren: AndurilMagic1111