[HoI2] How important is your Navy in your war plans?

• Montana_Prussian
  • Montana_Prussians Avatar Autor
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 1 Woche her #1 von Montana_Prussian
No matter what country I play,my Navy has a high,to very high priority in my plans.

As the US,Japan and UK,it has a very high priority due to the physical locations of those countries,and the necessity of moving troops overseas.

As Germany,it ahs a somewhat lower priority,but I like to buld it up,especially U-Boats and Battleships to harass the RN and try and disrupt the UKs convoys.

I've never played the Soviets,so I can't say how I would proceed with them,so I suppose I'll have to give them a try and see.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• Montana_Prussian
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 1 Woche her #2 von Montana_Prussian

FFZ schrieb: Naval always takes a back seat unless I'm the USA.

The AI is so lame I can often sail around unprotected if I'm careful and have Nav bombers to kill those fleets that show up.

As the game moves along I like to start building, usually when I level 4 or 5 ships.

In my Italian game the Navy was last, but when it was ready it simply killed the British, modern light cruisers are great!

In my Soviet game I have the same idea, I will research navy later and concentrate on air and land power now.

I play alot of MP,so I have to pay attention to naval matters,and try to stay ahead of my opponents.

• Montana_Prussian
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 1 Woche her #3 von Montana_Prussian

FFZ schrieb: MP is totally diffrent, people cause a lot more problems then he AI ever would.

And that is why I prefer MP,despite the difficulty of setting up sessions of sufficient length due to time zones,family,work.etc.

• Montana_Prussian
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 1 Woche her #4 von Montana_Prussian

Schmitti schrieb: In my Games the navy has an very low priority.
To sink the enemy´s navy i use the antinavalaircraft.

In the first time i only build transporter.
When my ground and airforce is complett, and all the ships are modern ships and nuklear ships i build a very large navy too.

Thats in 1950.

In our MP games,we put limits on Naval Bombers,as we believe Paradox made them too strong,so having a fairly large Navy is important,at least for Japan,USA and UK. Italy and Germany need decent sized fleets as well.

• Montana_Prussian
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 6 Tage her #5 von Montana_Prussian

Karbe schrieb:

Montana_Prussian schrieb: In our MP games,we put limits on Naval Bombers,as we believe Paradox made them too strong,so having a fairly large Navy is important,at least for Japan,USA and UK. Italy and Germany need decent sized fleets as well.

The Community-MPs here in Germany make them in 90% also: Naval Bombers have one Naval Attack less and just the first Naval-Bomber-Model is allowed

As Japan or USA i just use them for Scouting Operations because of there great range :guck:

Exactly,we limit them to 8 squadrons,and and level 2 only.

• Montana_Prussian
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 6 Tage her #6 von Montana_Prussian

Rudel schrieb: If i play with the germans, the navy is not so important for my plans, but i like the big ships, so i build it all times! I love it, i can´t do anything against it.....

However, i am a SP-Payer only, so its not so hard for me to win the game. So i can spend some ik for the navy and get my nice battleship-fleets. :joint:

When I play Germany it's U-Boats. I can't help myself,I HAVE to have Wolfpacks prowling the seas looking for British ships :joint:

• Montana_Prussian
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 6 Tage her #7 von Montana_Prussian

FW Steiner schrieb: in SP - not very important...in MP - more important - but not most.

Airforce and Tanks - priority

With our house rules limiting naval Bombers and CAS(Stukas) naval forces are more important,but TAC and INT are also very important.

• Montana_Prussian
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 6 Tage her #8 von Montana_Prussian

Rudel schrieb: Starting a game i swear not to build a navy, so i would have a strong army and and a strong airforce. But when i look on the screen and the building screen, see the big ships and thinking of their big cannons, i am to weak for this.... :-)

If i play with GB or the US, i always build a strong navy. Playing with the italians, its difficult, because you will need to build a long time ik, after that you have to grow your army and so you will not have a lot of ik left for building a large fleet. The only nation i build no navy is the sovjet union (and minors, but i didn´t play with minors up to now).

Depending on the country,some of the first things I research are Naval Techs,especially as US,UK,Japan.

I was in the US Navy,so I HAVE to build ships :joint:

• Montana_Prussian
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 6 Tage her #9 von Montana_Prussian

Rudel schrieb: Of Course! :joint:

With Germany,I proceed a little differently,the only naval techs I worry about are Cruisers,Battleships and U-Boats. LOTS of U-Boats,usually about 60 and I group then in 10 groups of 6 each and surround Britain! :bier:

• Montana_Prussian
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 5 Tage her #10 von Montana_Prussian

Rudel schrieb: Yes, but i worry although about the destroyer-tech, because the first type of destroyer you can build only has a 2000km range and the destroyers you already have only 1500km, thats to few.

I use Light Cruisers for screens,as I feel they are better than Destroyers,and Germany does not really need DDs,as they are best for ASW.

• Montana_Prussian
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 5 Tage her #11 von Montana_Prussian

Rudel schrieb: Thats true, but they are very low-cost-units and quick to build (and quick sunk, of course :-) )

Also true,but Light Cruisers don't take too much longer,with 'Ship Assembly Line' tech :-)

Mehr
12 Jahre 5 Tage her #12 von Rudel
Correct! I build both, at the same time, of course! :joint:

• Montana_Prussian
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 4 Tage her #13 von Montana_Prussian
And Light Cruisers have a better air defense than destroyers also. :-)

• Montana_Prussian
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 4 Tage her #14 von Montana_Prussian
I think they are a better investment,especially if you do not need to do much ASW,so that is why as Germany I build more CL than DD 8-)

• Montana_Prussian
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 4 Tage her #15 von Montana_Prussian

gepard schrieb:

FFZ schrieb: I love Light Cruisers, I never build Destroyers.

I have the Soviets in my AAR up to level 5 Light Cruisers right now, but I won't build any until they are the modern type.

Those are the best all around ships in the game.

how do you mean that ffz? allrounder?

gepard..he means that when you compare all the statistics of the 2 ship types, Light Cruisers are a much better investment,with the exception of ASW,which the Soviets and Germans do not really need.

Moderatoren: AndurilMagic1111