[HoI2] BattleScenario?

• Lt. J.B. Nerhood
  • Lt. J.B. Nerhoods Avatar Autor
  • Besucher
11 Jahre 1 Monat her #1 von Lt. J.B. Nerhood
How much thought or, pre-planning do you use before you begin a game or BattleScenario?

I thought we could all share our ideas regarding "Plans and Operations" as they relate to HOI/2. With the recent start of Montana's new AAR "Kriegsmarine!" it is obvious he placed a large amount of thought into how he would execute his plans and the result, so far, is spectacular.

Please share your information and include as much detail as you wish.

Thanks! helmi_salut

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
11 Jahre 1 Monat her #2 von Hagakure

Lt. J.B. Nerhood schrieb: How much thought or, pre-planning do you use before you begin a game or BattleScenario?

I thought we could all share our ideas regarding "Plans and Operations" as they relate to HOI/2. With the recent start of Montana's new AAR "Kriegsmarine!" it is obvious he placed a large amount of thought into how he would execute his plans and the result, so far, is spectacular.

Thanks! helmi_salut

Im love to play historicly so I try to gather as much information as possible about different operations during WW2. I read about different commanders, divisions on internet, watch videos on youtube (from history channel, battlefields dokumentarys) and only when I learned all that is possible to learn about upcoming operation I start to play.

But before that I of course rename all the divisions to correct names and add the right commanders to it. It gives me a feeling of autentecy and depth.
For me playing HoI is more than just playing the game, its a about lerning and recreating history and on that way showing honour to all the people that died during the war.

• Lt. J.B. Nerhood
  • Besucher
11 Jahre 1 Monat her #3 von Lt. J.B. Nerhood
Well, I approach each Battle Scenario or Campaign from the historical perspective. Then I consider several "What if . . . . . ." and think through how I would like to see it happen or how it might occur.

In my most current Game, I am playing the '36 Campaign as Ireland. Before I started I considered "What would happen if Ireland regained both Portadown and Dublin?" So far it has not had much affect on the "Big Picture". But the game is early and we shall see how things develop.

:kaffee: :kaffee: helmi_smile_1

Willkommens Ribbon
Mehr
11 Jahre 1 Monat her #4 von bubi
as for me, it's always comes down to the economy (trading materials and managing it's reserves) and industrial strength (it's optimal capacity to produce war materials without delay). if i can get those two right, then i can go ahead and plan on the other aspects of the war, such as research, the next theatre of operation and its operational vehicles, boots on the ground... etc. and this is where the what if, what could, what should, might happen (an ahistorical game) in my game. without the pre-planing of econ and industry, i can't wage an effective campaign.

cheers helmi_bier

[center:9xamamr8]THE NORTH REMEBERS. [/center:9xamamr8]

Mehr
11 Jahre 1 Monat her #5 von hbw
Hi Jeffrey,

i´m only thinking about which part of the army i prefer. (Air Force, Navy or Army).
I´m mostly playing minor country´s. So I prefer at first the industry.
It is my basic.

Mehr
11 Jahre 1 Monat her #6 von Rudel
If i play with germany, it is not necessary for me to think about my strategy, because i have one, which is perfect to fight against the AI (for me).
If i play with another country, i think about the complete strategy.
I will proof everything: science, troops and the strategy.
Naturally it is necessary to think about all the things during the game, perhaps the AI will not play historical.....

Mehr
11 Jahre 1 Monat her #7 von Rudel
Okay: sometimes i use a "perfect" strategy, trying to get a most efficient army, sometimes i build units which are not necessary to win the war, like a rolling playing game.
But i will always think about it before starting the game.

• Lt. J.B. Nerhood
  • Besucher
11 Jahre 1 Monat her #8 von Lt. J.B. Nerhood

blue emu schrieb: On the Paradox Forum here , I like to plan out and play "theme" games and then report them in an open thread... not quite an AAR, but very similar to one.

Here is a game in which I tried out Doenitz's 300 U-Boat plan for crippling England entirely by Submarine pressure on their Convoy routes. It was a pretty popular thread... it received over 185,000 views and over 1,100 replies.

Here is a game in which I used a huge force of STRAT Bombers as the USSR to flatten the German Infrastructure (bringing Barbarossa to a dead stop), then to crush Germany down to a single Tech slot (less than 20 ICs) and hold them there until I could invade and annex them. It was also fairly popular... it received over 55,000 views and over 660 replies.

Thanks for sharing those links Blue Emu. Quite a set of nice accomplishments. helmi_bier

Mehr
11 Jahre 1 Monat her #9 von Jeb Stuart

Lt. J.B. Nerhood schrieb: How much thought or, pre-planning do you use before you begin a game or BattleScenario?

Thanks! helmi_salut

Before starting the game, I make a general strategy.
For the 1936 Campaign Germany for Example:
What to research til the beginnig of the war.
What units to build 'til September 1939, til May 1940, til the start of "Barbarossa".
If and when to make "Sealion".
If and when conquer the Balkans.
If Barbarossa is successful, how to go on. Conquer all of Sibiria or turn the "Heeresgruppe Süd" southward and conquer Afghanistan for making an attack on India from the north.
And of course a diplomatic plan. Which Nations to get into the Axis and when.

During the game this general strategy may be changed to the needs of the game, but it gives somekind of roadmap (special thanks to George Walker Bush junior).

helmi_bier :husar:

Hurra, hurra, for southern rights hurra
hurra for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star

Werbung

Moderatoren: AndurilMagic1111