Eastern Front: Soviet Storm

• Magic1111
  • Magic1111's Avatar Topic Author
  • Generaladmiral i.R.e. GA
  • Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes ,Eichl , Schwert
  • Magic1111
Kleinkampfmittelabzeichen Stufe 6Flottenkriegsabzeichen in Gold mit BrillantenSportabzeichen in Gold
Silent Hunter Experte GoldWetterbeobachterZeitungs RibbonHoI 4 Experte BronzeFreizeit- und Technik RibbonMultiplayer RibbonMarineSims Gedenk RibbonEhrenkreuz für KriegsteilnehmerModding Bastelecken RibbonLogin Stufe 3Panzer Corps Experten RibbonLogin Stufe 2Login Stufe 1Modding Team RibbonWillkommens RibbonDMP Dienstauszeichnung Stufe 4
More
6 years 10 months ago #1343391 by Magic1111

Akkula wrote: I will try it later, it´s gonna be difficult because I am not a good graphics edit :S

Okay, no problem! We´re looking forward! :dmp_35:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hans1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Deutsches Erste Hilfe Kreuz 2.KlasseSportabzeichen in Bronze
Panzer Corps Experten RibbonEhrenkreuz für KriegsteilnehmerLogin Stufe 2Login Stufe 1Modding Team RibbonWillkommens RibbonDMP Dienstauszeichnung Stufe 1
More
6 years 10 months ago #1343551 by Akkula
Hi people!, Another little update, Operation Mars. Deploying some german units inside de pocket:

Progress is going slowly these days :(. I hope to improve this situation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: biinng, Freiherr von Woye, MichaJavelin, Anduril, Magic1111, Hans1

• Freiherr von Woye
  • Generalfeldmarschall
  • Freiherr von Woye
Allgemeines SturmabzeichenPanzerkampfabzeichen GoldSportabzeichen in Bronze
Ehrenkreuz für KriegsteilnehmerLogin Stufe 3Login Stufe 2Login Stufe 1Bibo Schreiber RibbonWillkommens RibbonDMP Dienstauszeichnung Stufe 4
More
6 years 10 months ago #1343554 by Freiherr von Woye
Nice! Looks like a icestorm!

• Magic1111
  • Magic1111
Kleinkampfmittelabzeichen Stufe 6Flottenkriegsabzeichen in Gold mit BrillantenSportabzeichen in Gold
Silent Hunter Experte GoldWetterbeobachterZeitungs RibbonHoI 4 Experte BronzeFreizeit- und Technik RibbonMultiplayer RibbonMarineSims Gedenk RibbonEhrenkreuz für KriegsteilnehmerModding Bastelecken RibbonLogin Stufe 3Panzer Corps Experten RibbonLogin Stufe 2Login Stufe 1Modding Team RibbonWillkommens RibbonDMP Dienstauszeichnung Stufe 4
More
6 years 10 months ago #1343561 by Magic1111
Very nice as ever Akkula! :helmi_50:

Panzer Corps Experten RibbonEhrenkreuz für KriegsteilnehmerLogin Stufe 2Login Stufe 1Modding Team RibbonWillkommens RibbonDMP Dienstauszeichnung Stufe 1
More
6 years 10 months ago #1343676 by Akkula
I am making the "Stalingrad of the north" scenario, in other words, the battle for Velikiye Luki. It´s going to be a race against time :twisted:

And here some screenshots from my own "alpha testing" of the Operation Mars scenario:

Best regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freiherr von Woye, MichaJavelin, Anduril, Magic1111, Hans1

• Magic1111
  • Magic1111
More
6 years 10 months ago #1343683 by Magic1111
Congratulations for your new Medal and Ribbon Akkula! Looks very nice in your profile! :helmi_50:

More
6 years 10 months ago #1343718 by Akkula
Thanks Magic!!. Let´s what medals I will have by when the mod is released.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaJavelin, Magic1111, Hans1

Allgemeines SturmabzeichenPanzerkampfabzeichen BronzeSportabzeichen in Silber
Ehrenkreuz für KriegsteilnehmerLogin Stufe 3Login Stufe 2Login Stufe 1Willkommens RibbonDMP Dienstauszeichnung Stufe 1
More
6 years 10 months ago #1343720 by MichaJavelin

Akkula wrote: Thanks Magic!!. Let´s what medals I will have by when the mod is released.

The medals have you got for activity in the forum. In addition, you get medals if other forum users like to thank you (DANKE-button) for information about your mod. These are low Medals.
For application of mods in our forum there are other medals, such as the Iron Cross.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magic1111, Hans1

• Magic1111
  • Magic1111
More
6 years 10 months ago #1343721 by Magic1111

Akkula wrote: Thanks Magic!!

My pleasure mate! :dmp_27:

You can also press the "Thank you" (in german: DANKE) Button for other users too! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaJavelin, Hans1, Akkula

More
6 years 9 months ago #1343982 by Akkula
Hi people. I was wondering about the conscript concept applied in the original game. From my point of view it doesnt make any sense to have the Conscripts unit just for the Soviet side, I mean, almost every country during the whole conflict had conscription. If we are going to apply that concept, USA, UK and Germany should have conscript units...
My solution is this: change the conscript unit in favor of Soviet Riflemen or just remove them forever as Regular Inf should be the unit fulfilling that role.

Conscript -> Riflemen

or

Conscript -> Regular Inf
Regular Inf -> Riflemen

What do you think of these ideas?.

Best regards.

PS: Greetings from my vacations!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: biinng, MichaJavelin, Anduril, Magic1111, Hans1

• Magic1111
  • Magic1111
More
6 years 9 months ago #1343994 by Magic1111

Akkula wrote: My solution is this: change the conscript unit in favor of Soviet Riflemen
Conscript -> Riflemen

Hi Akkula!

I would prefer the above solution!! :dmp_7:

It´s the best solution for that!

BTW, where the picture was taken?

Best regards and furthermore a nice vacation!

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #1344105 by Akkula
I couldn´t resist and I started to use the new bunkers icon phcas made. This time to resist the upcoming Operation Iskra (Spark):

:twisted:
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Akkula.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freiherr von Woye, MichaJavelin, Anduril, Magic1111, Hans1

• Magic1111
  • Magic1111
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #1344114 by Magic1111

Akkula wrote: I couldn´t resist and I started to use the new bunkers icon phcas made.

Yes, the new bunkers are looking very nice! :helmi_50:

But please note Akkula: The german law forbid to use or shown swastikas! So please make the swastikas indecipherable before you post a screenshot here in german forum, okay?! :dmp_7:
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Magic1111.

More
6 years 9 months ago #1344163 by Akkula
I have edited the picture. Fool of me I forgot about that german law (I´ve heard of it long time ago). My apologies.

Best regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaJavelin, Magic1111, Hans1

More
6 years 9 months ago #1344164 by Akkula
PROGRESS UPDATE
After several months of hard work, I believe is time to show you a report of the project progress so far. I hope you find it interesting.

CAMPAIGN: Half of the scenarios are complete, including my testing of them. I expect to increase the speed of the creation process.
The briefings need to be improved as my english sucks and I am not a good writer, but for now I am focused to finish all the scenarios.

UNITS: 560 new units so far, including brand new ones (more than 100 so far and more to come) and special camouflages. Regarding the latter, I tried to be as historical accurate as possible depending the battle and the date it took place. I spent hours and days reading books and websites to gather as more as possible, I can proudly say the 90% of the camos you would see in the mod are completely accurate :).
Still I have some work to do with the naval units, there are more than 15 new ones so far, most of them need some improvements. More to come yet.

SOUNDS: More than half of them are finished, I have a lot of ideas but I will leave them to final stage of my work. Yes, you will hear PPSH´s, PTDR´s, Mosin´s, MP44´s, etc.

UI: The basic idea is finished, all traces of "werhmacht styles" have been replaced with soviet ones (I used some Bebro´s work). As I said before, very basic work, I expect to improve it at the end of the project.

At this point of the development, I think I need some feedback from the community, so I ask for volunteers to do some "alpha" testing of my advances so far. Anyone who is interested please send me a PM, by the next week I will have a fully working alpha version of the mod.
As I stated in the OP, I expect to release the first version by the end of the year, so far I think I can keep that promise (also it depends of the feedback of the volunteers :P )

As always, many thanks to the whole community for all the contributions and support.

Best regards!.

Moderators: AndurilMagic1111